Tuesday, January 22, 2008

good things

Well today I thought I would post things that are good right now so that I can say that sometimes I am a positive person, all though you probably can't tell from all my previous posts. So anyway here are the things that are making me happy lately. First, I HAVE ENERGY! It feels like it has been forever since I even had the desire to do small things. Now I find myself actually getting things done, it is great. Also, I am not freezing cold, this makes me happy. On Saturday night a cold front came in and the temp dropped to a high of 3 degrees the last two days. Since I have gained a decent amount of weight I find that I don't feel that bone chilling cold I usually feel in the winter, that makes me happy. On Saturday I got a new dishwasher and refrigerator. Now since we moved in 5 months ago I have had a crummy dishwasher that hardly washed the pre-rinsed dishes. I hated it. Now I have a beautiful brand new dishwasher that can conquer any dirt and grime. So far it has blasted the dried apples and syrup of my apple cobbler dish and devoured the dried on lasagna off of my spatula. I just love this, it makes me sooooo happy. I am working my way up to putting in the truly challenging messes. Dried eggs and brownie pans. The last thing that is making me especially happy is that we have finally got my three year old on a good sleep schedule. We started last week with the parent enforced sleep time smack down. There was some definite smacking and kicking going on, our three year old can really inflict some damage when she is angry. So we had a bad about 5 days but now she goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 wakes up happy and is in a much better mood during the day. So life is good, I may be feeling ugly and fat, but I am happy. Hope you all are feeling happy too.

2 comments:

L.Smith said...

I am so happy you have a new dishwasher! I was without one when Bella was born and it was not a good thing, I do love a good load of clean dishes. I hope you enjoy the energy and "nest" as much as you can. until next time...

Leah

Ginger Johnson said...

What kind of dishwasher is it? We're going to be in the market for a new one too. The one we inherited with our house stinks. Ugh.