Monday, December 10, 2007

I hate direct tv

This post has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with my anti-direct tv campaign. You see I HATE DIRECT TV!!!!!!!! Maybe this does have something to do with pregnancy because I generally don't hate companies with a passion, but man I do right now (blame it on the hormones). Anyway, we switched to Direct tv last summer because our phone company had a deal if we went with direct tv, some bundling thing. So that is great save a few bucks, couldn't be better. Well apparently when they hook up your receiver it costs a hundred dollars, but no worries you get the money back by filling our a simple rebate form. So I hunt down the form online and fill it out. Then I receive about 4 emails from them saying that it has all been approved and my check is in the mail. Well in August our life went crazy and we moved suddenly and I never got our check. Well in the last four weeks I have called Direct TV about 6 times trying to get our money. Each person I talk to has a different reason that I all of a sudden don't qualify for the money even though they all ready sent it to me and apparently it got lost in the mail. Then when I explain to them exactly why I should get the money all of a sudden they say "oh, of course, but we can't cut a check in this department, you will have to call this other person". Today someone told me I would have to track down the old check and that I should start by calling my post office. Who do they think I am, Sherlock Holmes! I am not Sherlock Holmes, I am a crazy emotional pregnant woman who wants her hundred dollars! The last person I talked to kept telling me how sorry he was but he couldn't do anything, I informed him that he wasn't sorry and then I told him what I thought of his company then asked him if it was worth losing our business over a hundred dollars (I was very tough and didn't even cry, pretty good for a pregnant lady). All he did was say "I'm sorry" over and over again like all of a sudden I wouldn't care if he kept saying it. It was like talking to a broken record. So we are going to switch back to dish tv because I am sooooooooo angry to be treated like that. It makes me wish that I could call people I owe money to, like the power company, and say I will not be paying you this month because your bill had blue and red lettering on it and I only pay bills that are written in orange and pink. Then when they kept asking me for money I would just say "I'm sorry" over and over again until they were ripping their hair out in frustration and decided to leave me alone. So anyway, I feel a little better now that I have vented, so thank you all for listening, and remember to spread the word about the evil empire known as Direct TV!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Orange and Pink lettering!! hahahahahah Karen, you are awesome. Direct TV better watch out for when you are a famous writer and still out to get them! :) Thanks for making me laugh.

Meredith said...

i sooo know how you feel! except my hate was with qwest...luckily we don't have to work with them now. i'm going to email all my friends to read your post, and maybe enough people will read it and write letters and you will have changed the world!!!

CowboyMac said...

I hate them too! Check out my story!

http://web.mac.com/bstegall1/DTVhatesMe/Direct_TV_Hates_Me.html

Ami said...

Hi,

I greatly enjoyed looking through your blog at "http://eldredgered.blogspot.com/2007/12/i-hate-direct-tv.html" and found an informative one for my theme related topics.I have also some dish tv,satellite tv,music related sites and blogs. So,I think it would be beneficial for both of us if we will join in a community and become link partners to each other which will help your blog/site in getting more Google values.If you are interested then please contact me at-
ami.roberts86@gmail.com

Thanks
Ami

Unknown said...

No one should feel so emotionally unraveled after trying to have an adult conversation with a service they are paying for; period. How a consumer is treated is more detrimental to a company when it's negative then the company will ever know. I guess they feel they are untouchable since they are a major corporation but this is just not true. People use their mouths everyday to communicate and that is a lot of people talking when you really look at it. I travel a bunch for work through Dish Network and I'm rarely home to deal with things that might arise when I'm gone. I fly all through different time zones so I'm happy that their customer care center is open 24-7. My husband loves sports and since he is home taking care of business, he deserves to have his entertainment without a hassle. So, one of the reasons we choose Dish was due to the programming selection and the price for that variety of options. HD is a big deal with my daughter since she is big on the learning type channels which are quite impressive in HD. I guess all in all, it comes down to the price one is willing to pay mentally. For me personally, I'd rather be happy and feel confident in my service.