Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hooray!!!! She is here!!!!





Well it finally hapened, my sweet little baby girl was born. I guess I shouldn't say finally since she was 13 days early, but since she weighed in at 8 pounds 10 ounces I sure am glad she was as early as she was. Let me tell you she is perfect! I am so happy to have her, having a new baby is soooooo much better than being pregnant. Labor and delivery went really well, all except the part where my epidural just stopped working when I was at 8 centimeters and going through the transition stage, I really wanted to die, but when it came to pushing all it took was one and a half pushes and she came right out. No pain, no stitches, it was great. It is funny to me that once you get pretty good at the whole labor and delivery thing you are done having kids. I wish it was the other way around, delivery getting harder each time. Then when you got to the 4th you would for sure know that you were done with it all. Really though we are done, but it does make me sad. Holding your brand new baby up against your chest while she sleeps is really one of the most wonderful feelings in the world, and since I was feeling so awful at the end I find that I am sleeping much better now and I feel much more rested durring the day. I really am soooo much happier now. I can bend over, I can breathe, I don't have crazy weird feelings, and I have a sweet little baby to hold and hug and kiss and just plain love to death. So thanks to you all for listening to me complain my head off these last nine months. Oh and yes all my kids had that much hair, and yes my husband has dark hair. These are questions I have answered on a daily basis with each of my previous three children, they all have hair like this, in fact she actually has less than the last two had.


5 comments:

Jill McQuade said...

Congratulations!!!!

irishkaren said...

So happy for you and your family, congrats!

L.Smith said...

So the first thing I did when I saw your picture was CRY!! I was soo happy for you and then I realized how much I really miss you and it hit me that i wanted to see you at the hospital and tell brad how tired he looks when you are the one that just pushed out a baby!!!! hehe, She looks just like an Eldredge baby, beautiful with the perfect fat cheeks to kiss on!! Congratulations! Love to you all!

Caroline said...

Karen, I saw the pictures and said, "Yep, there's the Eldredge baby hair!" She is sooo beautiful. I am so happy for you.

Mandy said...

She is gorgeous! I will miss your blogging though! My sister just had her second baby and she loved reding your blog and then she would call. We would talk about how true your blog is and how no one tells you all of this when you are a naive young woman or young bride!