Thursday, October 25, 2007

so now i have a blog

Well I have never blogged before because frankly my life is way too boring for anyone to want to read about. So what would make me blog now you ask? Really my reasons are selfish, I am hoping that a blog will help me. You see I am pregnant, woohoo, with my fourth kid. With pregnancies one, two, and three I gained 40, 45, and 50 pounds and my kids weighed 7, 8, and 9 pounds. So if you know anything about patterns, and I know a lot due to my kindergartner's papers he brings home, it would appear that I will gain 55 pounds and have a 10 pound baby. That is a little bit overwhelming for me so I am looking for ways to control my eating. This is where I run into another problem, pregnancy makes me sooooooo hungry. I obsess over food. Right now is the world series and anyone who knows my husband Brad knows that if there is baseball we will watch it. Anyway as often happens during sporting events all the commercials are for alcohol, razors (all these adds feature razors that fly through the air and scantily clad women feeling men's smooth faces), cars, and of course food. So after about the fifth food commercial where I said "that looks so good", this one was for a huge plate of steaming nachos that really looked super yummy, my husband Brad turned to me and said "you are obsessed with food" which is kind of sad cause that is the exact same thing my sister Leslie said to me the day before. So how can a blog help me not gain 50 pounds you ask? Well I am hoping that if I write about it and see the words before me it can be one little thing that will help me have a little more self control, plus maybe it will help me get advice from other people too. So anyway I have now written my first blog, hope you aren't all asleep, unless it is one in the morning and you are reading this too put you to sleep, and if that is the case, you are welcome.

5 comments:

Steph said...

As skinny as you are, who cares if you are obsessed with food??/ :) If you gain 55 pounds you know it will come off and you will be a hottie with four kids! :)

I hear your pain on the commercials, they always look so good :)

Pame said...

You are sooo lucky, I haven't seen you in so long, but I did see the picture of your family you sent on an email and you look great! always have! Now take me, I'm the best example of sad things happening to someone's body. I get pregnant, gain weight, a lot, but maybe not 50lbs, and then after the baby I loose maybe 10-20 lbs at first and within a month I am back to... no, not my pre-pregnancy weight but my pre-delivery weight. Not only that, but once I'm done nursing my boobs shrink. Yes, sad. Now that I write to you about it I wonder if I should start a blog of my own...naaaa. I'll just keep curling my eyelashes in hopes that people's attention will be brought to my face rather than my rolls :-)
Anyway, I think that if it will come off later, then you might as well enjoy yourself while you eat.

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen,
Yep, you're pregnant.....you worry about weight for a abit and then you go for it and realize it is a rite of passage...you always lose the weight and you have some great health habits now....my fridge has a sign that say people are not over eaters they are underexercisers...I believe that to be true....and pregnancy is normal...just remember what homer simpson put on his office wall...Do it for Lisa..you are doing it for the baby.....love, Mom

Leslie said...

ok, I didn't say it like THAT! I thought I said it nicer, like, "Karen, I can tell that you are pregnant because every time I mention food you go "oooh, that sounds so good!". I hope I didn't sound mean! I of all people understand how crazy pregnancy makes a woman. Just post the baptism picture on your fridge, and don't look in the mirror for at least a year! haha

Anonymous said...

Yes, Karen, you always had to dress and make beds before breakfast....and I think I tried to make mornings enjoyable and not too hurried, kind of flunked the scripture reading though....and you are not talking cheerily to your kids which you said you would never do, like I did in the mornings...it drove you nuts, remember? lol. Love Mom..give yourself a break and find what is your committment and then cling to that and spend time doing the best you can in that area. Something I read this week about being 'balanced"